Above is a picture of the dining area before we moved in. This area is the other side of the living room. The previous owners didn't use it as a dining area but we plan to use it as intended.
Early on, as in 3-4 months ago, the boys took it upon themselves to remove the wallpaper. Apparently, they didn't like it either.
The unfortunate part was we got started a little too soon on the project. At this time we were working furiously to prepare for the garden, then build the garden, etc... So it stayed this way till now (kind of embarrassing when people came over).
The good news is the garden is done! The ceiling is free of popcorn texture! Which means the rest of project is ready to get done. Over the weekend we removed the rest of the wallpaper and trim. We also puttied holes and rough spots. Next up, we are going to texture that area to match the rest of the walls (our walls are orange peel texture). Then after that prime and paint! I'm super excited to at least be able to decorate a little bit in here while I patiently wait to get wood floors :)