Where we last left off the living/dining area was looking like this:
We invested in a spray texture hopper because we will need for all of our bathrooms as well after the wallpaper comes down. We got ours here
It worked great, especially considering we were matching the other texture above.
The process was simple. We used a lightweight joint compound (pre-mixed in the box) and watered it down to a thick pancake batter consistency. After stirring pour in the hopper and spray. I should also mention it uses an air compressor.
A close up of the results. After it was mostly dry I did a light sanding and it looks like a pretty close match to the original texture. Up next...priming and painting!